Proper handwashing technique starts with wet hands. Apply enough soap and scrub hands together to form a lather. Rinse, then dry hands with a clean towel.
To break it down further, follow these steps:
- Scrub palms over the back of each hand. Interlace fingers as you do so.
- Return to scrubbing palms while interlacing fingers.
- Scrub the backs of each finger against the palm.
- Scrub the fingertips against the palm, making sure to get soap underneath the fingernails.
- Grab each thumb and rotate palm around it.
- Scrub around each wrist.
Watch this video to see proper handwashing techniques in action.
Once these handwashing techniques are mastered, learners can implement these strategies to all areas of their lives. Follow this infographic to learn proper daily hygiene habits.
Get your FREE worksheet here.